WES-2 Bridge News
WDTD has released WES-2 Bridge version 16.2.2. All WFOs will need to uprade to this build to support GOES-R and many other recent AWIPS upgrades. We are working on a new build to include GFE functionality.
Warning Decision Training Division
Office of Chief Learning Officer
WES-2 Bridge Software
The WES-2 Bridge program has developed two main software applications with some accompanying utilities. This software was developed by the Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies at the University of Oklahoma as affiliated with the NWS Warning Decision Training Division.
- WES-2 Bridge Application: Java appliation using Eclipse RCP and deployed on a standalone AWIPS-2 Installation. It manipulates case data from an AWIPS-2 Archiver using EDEX instances and provides case review and simulation functions.
WES-2 Bridge currently supports AWIPS-2 Build 16.2.2, and is currently being upgraded to support Graphical Forecast Editor (GFE) functionality..
- WESSL-2 Scripting Capability: Provides time-based event scripting for simulations.
- Script Builder: Script authoring environment
- Script Player: Runs during a simulation in WES-2 Bridge to provide a browser to display the timed events.
- rawPlay: provides a mechanism to reprocess raw case data from an AWIPS-2 Archiver for later builds of AWIPS-2.
- qpidMonitor (developed by Aaron Anderson at the Norman WFO): monitors the status of queues used in AWIPS-2 data processing
- Various Python Utility Scripts