DLOC Teletraining Page
FY14 DLOC Teletraining Schedule
Enrollment for the FY14 DLOC is now open. The schedule for teletraining will be available sometime in September. Please check back again around that date for more information on specific teletraining times and dates.
Online Teletraining Registration
When teletraining registration for the FY14 version of DLOC opens, we will use the registration system in the NWS Learning Center. Registration for teletraining sessions for this year's course will start sometime in September. Please note: Registration is REQUIRED for all teletraining sessions.
Setting Up Teletraining
Teletraining sessions for the DLOC will be provided using either GotoWebinar or VISITview software, depending on the topic. Instructions for setting up each teletraining format is provided below.
Setting Up GotoWebinar
To setup GotoWebinar, there is no need to download a presentation ahead of time. You may have to download a plugin, but that download shouldn't take more than a minute or so to install.
You will receive an e-mail from the instructor with a link and information about the GotoWebinar session. You can use the link to start to attend the teletraining or you can reach the meeting via the GotoWebinar web page (i.e., click on the "Join Webinar" button and enter your Webinar ID).
It will take a minute or so for your browser to initiate the connection to the webinar. A pop-up dialog box will appear asking fo your name and e-mail. Fill in your name and e-mail address when asked.
Setting Up VISITview
To setup for VISITview teletraining, you need to download and install the presentations, then test your installation. For a detailed, step-by-step description of preparations for teletraining, see the DLOC Teletraining Instructions page.
Setting Up Your PC for VisitView
- Setting up your PC is easy.
- Minimum PC Requirements: 2 GHz CPU, More than 1 GB RAM, 300 MB hard drive space available.
- Screen Resolution: It is best to use a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels or larger due to the size of the graphics in the in the DLOC presentations. If you choose to use a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, you will be unable to advance slides in visitlocal (backup) mode.
- NO Additional PROGRAMS Running! VISITview will perform best if you close all programs before starting VISITview.
A few things must be accomplished to ensure a smooth teletraining session:
- For the VISITview sessions: Download and install the presentation (see DLOC Teletraining Instructions page).
- Set up your computer.
- Close all programs.
- Your speaker phone should be near your PC.
- Test your setup and Internet connection. We have prepared a good test presentation for you! See the Test Hookup Page!
- Check your email on the Thursday the week prior to the session. WDTB will be sending out an email describing the procedures for the telephone conference call!
- 15 Minutes prior to the conference, dial into the telephone conference call.
- For the VISITview sessions: For Start visit.bat and sign in with your office identifier. (See the DLOC Teletraining Instructions page for more information on this.)
- Your instructor will give you more detailed instructions if the OSF VISITview server is down.
- For GotoWebinar sessions: Click on the link in your instructor e-mail or use the "Join Webinar" button on the GotoWebinar home page.