The Warning Decision Training Division has developed operator training to support the Radar Data Acquisition Unit/Radar Product Generator (RDA/RPG) Build 17.0 deployment. This build has multiple features that support operations, including:
- RDA Hardware Upgrade:
- RDA Signal Processor Refresh
- Product Changes:
- Hail Size Discrimination Algorithm
- Raw Differential Phase Product (PhiDP)
- Remove Outdated Products
- Adaptable Parameter Changes:
- Selecting Dual Pol QPE Tropical vs. Continental R(Z,ZDR)
- Met Signal with the Dual Pol Preprocessor
- H and V dBZ0 on RPG Control/Status Window
- RMRs can be used to request SAILS products
The operator training for RDA/RPG Build 17.0 includes an on-line Articulate module and a document.
To view the on-line presentation, use the links below. You have the option of launching the presentation directly from our web site or downloading a copy for local viewing.
Launch Web Version | LMS Version | Download Local Copy
WDTD has created a training document for the RDA/RPG Build 17.0 Deployment. If you want a hard copy, please download the PDF file and print the document locally.
WDTD welcomes your feedback on how well this training supported your understanding of the operational changes with the RDA/RPG Build 17.0 Training. Please send us your comments! Thanks!