The Warning Decision Training Division has developed operator training to support the Radar Data Acquisition Unit/Radar Product Generator (RDA/RPG) Build 16.0 deployment. This build is primarily a RPG hardware update, but there are some changes at the RPG which have operational relevance, including:
- Supplemental Adaptive Intra-Volume Low-Level Scan (SAILS) updates:
- RPG HCI main page SAILS cut indicator
- Dual Pol products generated for SAILS cut
- Multiple Elevation Scan Option (MESO) SAILS Field Test
- Last elevation on RPG HCI main page
- For Dual Pol Quantitative Precipitation Estimation (QPE):
- Editable multiplier for Dry Snow (DS) below the top of the melting layer
- Reflectivity threshold for use of R(KDP) with Heavy Rain
- Maximum precipitation rate editable
- Digital Accumulation Array (DAA) generated at the top of each hour
- ZDR bias estimator based on Bragg scatter
- Automated Microburst Detection Algorithm
- RPG GUI changes for sites with wideband backup service
The operator training for RDA/RPG Build 16.0 includes an on-line Articulate module and a document.
To view the on-line presentation, use the links below. You have the option of launching the presentation directly from our web site or downloading a copy for local viewing.
Launch Web Version | LMS Version | Download Local Copy
WDTD has created a training document (2.1 MB PDF) for the Build 16 deployment. If you want a hard copy, please download the PDF file and print the document locally.
WDTD welcomes your feedback on how well this training supported your understanding of the operational changes with RDA/RPG Build 16.0. Please send us your comments! Thanks!