The Warning Decision Training Division has developed operator training to support the Radar Data Acquisition Unit/Radar Product Generator (RDA/RPG) Build 15.0 deployment. This build is primarily a RDA hardware update, but there are some changes at the RPG which have operational relevance, including:
- Dual-Pol Quantitative Precipitation Estimation (QPE) updates:
- Choice of tropical or continental R(Z,ZDR) equation with Unit Radar Committee (URC) control,
- R(Z) multipliers editable with Radar Operations Center (ROC) and URC control, and
- Change in QPE logic defining the top of the melting layer; and
- RPG estimated Initial System Differential Phrase (ISDP) process.
The operator training for RDA/RPG Build 15.0 includes an on-line Articulate module and a document.
To view the on-line presentation, use the links below. You have the option of launching the presentation directly from our web site or downloading a copy for local viewing.
Launch Web Version | LMS Version | Download Local Copy
WDTD has created a training document (2.1 MB PDF) for the Build 15 deployment. If you want a hard copy, please download the PDF file and print the document locally.
WDTD welcomes your feedback on how well this training supported your understanding of the operational changes with RDA/RPG Build 15.0. Please send us your comments! Thanks!